Considered the tax haven for cryptocurrencies, Singapore has now decided to harden its stance on the trade of digital assets. The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) aims to opt a brutal approach.
MAS has no tolerance for bad market behaviour
According to a report, Sopnendu Mohanty, CFO of MAS, Inquired about the worth of personal cryptos. Meanwhile, he added that he expected a state backed digital token to be launched within three years.
Mohanty raised the point that many cryptocurrencies have called the authority nonfriendly. He mentioned that his reply has been, Friendly for what? For a real economy or for some unreal economy.
CFO said that they have no tolerance for any bad market behaviour. We are brutal and unrelentingly hard if somebody has done a bad thing.
This statement has come amid the ongoing collapse of the global crypto market. The recent historic fall of Terra’s native token LUNA and Stablecoin UST has jolted the market. Earlier, Crypto exchanges like Bybit and Binance have shunned the nation as the watchdog came up with more specific and restrictive guidelines.
Singapore hardens its stance
However, Crypto.com, another digital asset exchange received the in principle approval to function in Singapore. Crypto firms like Genesis and Sparrow also got licenses to operate in the country.
Meanwhile, Mohanty targeted South Korean prosecutors for narrowing down over now Singapore-based Terraform Labs. The crash cost the crypto market a deficit of $40 billion overnight. While the recently Three Arrows Capital, a hedge fund capital suffered a huge loss after failing to fulfill margin calls.
Seems like the crypto downturns have changed the stand of the Singaporean authority. Officer added that “the world at large is lost in private currency, which has resulted in the recent market turmoil”.
According to the report, the nation has enforced a “painfully slow” and “extremely draconian due diligence process” for licensing crypto companies.
- Pentagon Raises Damning Concerns Over Bitcoin, Ethereum Security
- Bitcoin Cash Sinks 7% As Its Biggest Advocate Is Accused Of Default
- Here’s Why Ethereum (ETH) Price Can Plunge More Ahead
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077