In the wake of the Chinese crypto ban, miners from the authoritarian nation relocated to the formerly up and coming hub for crypto, Kazakhstan. However, the narrative did not lay out according to the plan, breaking nationwide power outages, along with substantial hike in natural gas prices further leading to a hostile environment for crypto miners in Kazakhstan.
Chinese journalist, Colin Wu took to Twitter today noting that in lieu of an increase in natural gas prices in Kazakhstan, the nation has witnessed several protests break out. Furthermore, given the comparatively wasteful operation of crypto mining, the global mining community recommeded local cryptocurrency miners to “pay attention to their personal safety”.
Due to the increase in natural gas prices, a nationwide protest broke out in Kazakhstan. The mining community reminds local cryptocurrency miners to pay attention to their personal safety.
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) January 5, 2022
Crypto mining firms exit Kazakhstan
This is not the first time that crypto mining has posed a threat to the energy preservation in Kazakhstan. Last year, towards the end of Q3 the nation was facing an electricity crunch in South Kazakhstan that was expected to intensify during the bitter cold winters. Following these concerns, the government planned to impose restrictions on Bitcoin mining to ensure ample electricity to the people.
Furthermore, last year, during the month of November, crypto mining firms began to exit Kazakhstan due to lack of adequate electricity supply. Xive was one of such firms that left the country as winter approached. Despite fair warnings the nation’s government failed to take any substantial steps, now winter has come and the country is seemingly unprepared.
Little sad to shut down our mining farm in south KZ. Last container is ready to be sent. So much work, people, hopes are ruined. Country risk played out pic.twitter.com/J8ZMg6GeUI
— Didar (@didar_bekbau) November 24, 2021
Crypto mining bans across the world amid energy crisis
Kazakhstan is not the only nation that has been hit with an energy crisis because of crypto mining. According to CoinGape’s recent reportage, during the last week of 2021, Iran imposed a second crypto mining ban to secure itself from ongoing winter energy crisis. Mostafa Rajabi Mashhadi, director of the public firm, Iran Grid Management Co. and a spokesman for Iran’s power industry noted that the ban will last until March 9, 2022. Additionally, as of yesterday, the Republic of Kosovo also banned crypto mining as part of several relief measures to reverse the energy catastrophe.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?