SoftBank Group Corp.’s Z Holdings Corp is planning to dive into NFT marketplaces in 180 countries by this year. This will be part of the company’s goal to expand its global business. This move also includes increasing the number of users of fintech unit PayPay to 90 million.
NFTs: Huge opportunity for growth
Z Holdings hopes to develop by taking advantage of a five-year financial plan of around 500 billion yen ($4.3 billion). The company makes most of its earrings from mobile advertising and spending.
Web 3.0 has the potential to lead a world that offers a completely different life. We will not miss this huge opportunity for growth, said Kentaro Kawabe, Director, SoftBank Group Corp
Kawabe also mentioned that they hope to make a profitable business in the coming years.
As per reports, Z holding’s share prices surged over 7%. Which is the company’s highest intraday gain since November. Last year, SoftBank merged Line Corp with Yahoo Japan l in a bid to create an e-commerce and social media giant.
Web3 has proven to be the evolution of the internet which is supported by cryptocurrencies exchanges, decentralized finance, and NFTs. This move will land the company among the early adopters of NFT trading in the country. Japan’s other electronic commerce company, Rakuten Group launched the NFT market focused on music and anime content this February.
Jan 2022 NFT sales crosses $1B mark
The NFTs have been one of the most searched topics of 2021. NFT transactions have recorded a jump of over 20,000% in the last year than 2020. The digital asset’s sales have topped $17.6 billion last year.
As per Nonfungible.com’s research, over 2.5 million crypto wallets were trading NFTs in 2021. Over 470 wallets have made profits of more than $1 million from the NFTs’ sales. While the marketplace has generated a total of $5.4 billion in profits for the investors. In January 2022, NFT sales have crossed the $1 billion mark. However, the first week of March has recorded sales of $168 million.
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Cardano (ADA) Sees Big Drop In Interest, But Is Likely Primed For A Rally
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000