The crypto-famous, online electronics retailer, Newegg has caught the attention of the Shiba Inu community with its exclusive tweet mentioning the developer Shytoshi Kusama, along with SHIB’s official Twitter account, seeking a conversation. Since that tweet, the Shiba Inu community on Twitter has flooded the market with speculations of yet another commercial giant enlisting $SHIB for payments.
— Newegg (@Newegg) November 20, 2021
This crypto-positive online electronics retailer also accepts, SHIB’s competitor, Dogecoin ($DOGE), along with the OG Bitcoin. Furthermore, other tokens including Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ether, Wrapped BTC, Dai, and stablecoins like BUSD, USDC, GUSD, and PAX are eligible modes of payment at Newegg.
Earlier this week, Newegg had already saved a spot for itself in crypto news given its Black Friday offer that incorporated a crypto discount. The retail giant announced that it will offer a 20% discount on products paid for in cryptocurrency via BitPay, in several countries including, the UK, Australia, the UAE, and others. However, this crypto discount will only be applicable on orders over $500, with discounts up to $200. Products like CPUs, graphics cards, hard drives, and monitors will be eligible for the mentioned offer.
Shiba Inu Payments at AMC Theatres
Newegg is not Shiba Inu’s first step into the commercial industry. Earlier this week, the largest movie theatre chain in the United States, AMC confirmed to accept Shiba Inu payments along with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and several other cryptocurrencies. AMC CEO, Adam Aron tweeted this Tuesday about the theatre chain’s exclusive crypto venture with Shiba Inu in collaboration with the crypto payment processing service provider, BitPay. Shiba Inu can be used for online crypto payments for movie tickets and concessions at AMC, making the movie theatre giant, BitPay’s first-ever client to accept Shiba Inu. AMC is determined to become a landmark in the decentralized industry, with plans to launch its own token soon.
“I can confirm today that we have been exploring with third parties over the past few months both how we can accept cryptocurrency and if it is feasible for AMC to consider even launching our own cryptocurrency,” Aron said.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?