The state of crypto regulations in the United States remains uncertain as lawmakers take sides on the necessity for tough rules. The US Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) chief Gary Gensler along with Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen are lobbying for strict measures while the likes of SEC commissioner Hester Peirce and Wyoming Senator Cynthia Lummis are fighting for clear regulations that would ensure the growth of the crypto ecosystem.
Amid a growing tussle between lawmakers, one Senator has become the first sitting lawmaker to buy Bitcoin ($BTC). US Senator Cynthia Lummis’s financial disclosure form reveals that she made a hefty Bitcoin ($BTC) purchase in August. The BTC purchase came at a time when the crypto market had started recovering from a two-month-long bearish phase and a market crash in May.
Lummis has been a known Bitcoin proponent for quite some time now, who has been advocating for better regulations and even fought for a crypto-centric amendment in the Infrastructure bill. Thus, her BTC purchase didn’t come as a big surprise for many, but the sheer size of the purchase has definitely reinforced her belief in Bitcoin.
US Lawmaker Makes Record BTC Purchase
The Financial Disclosure form revealed that Lummis bought $50,000-$100,000 worth of Bitcoin on 16th August using River crypto exchange, making it the largest Bitcoin purchase ever made by any sitting lawmaker. Lummis continues to advocate for Bitcoin and better crypto regulations in the US.
Bitcoin is currently trading above $54,000 and looking to break $55K resistance. The top cryptocurrency managed to breach $55K yesterday, reaching a new 5-month high of $55,563 but couldn’t hold onto its gains and dropped down to sub $53K levels. However, $BTC has recovered all of its losses from bearish September and analysts predict that the last quarter of 2021 is going to be bullish where $BTC could retest its ATH above $64,000 and set a new ATH.
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?