TP ICAP Group LLC, the world’s biggest Interdealer broker is all set to set foot in the crypto market with its crypto trading platform, as per a report in Reuters. The financial broker would launch the platform in association with Fidelity Investments and Standard Chartered’s custody unit Zodia, who will act as custodians for the trading platform. Amsterdam-based Flow Traders will provide liquidity to the platform.
The upcoming crypto trading platform is set to launch in the second half of the year. The platform would offer Bitcoin trading to start with and later add Ether trading as well. It would also offer post-trade infrastructure of various custodians for ease of investment and security.
Duncan Trenholme, co-head of digital assets at TP ICAP said,
“Investor interest in this new asset class has exploded dramatically in the last six to eight months. In most of our conversations with clients, they want a separation of custodial roles from execution capabilities which is opposite to the models that exist currently.”
This won’t be the first crypto venture for the members of the consortium as TP ICAP launched Bitcoin Futures and Options contract on CME in 2019. Fidelity has filed for a Bitcoin ETF in the US while Standard Chartered is all set to launch a separate crypto brokerage and exchange platform.
TP ICAP to Focus on Separate Execution and Settlement
The financial market’s biggest broker along with partner financial giants are aiming to make crypto trading akin to the traditional trading of stocks and bonds. The consortium beleive crypto custody and execution should be two separate entities as rolling them into one poses serious credit risks, something most of the crypto service providers make these days.
The consortium is waiting for the approval of Britain’s financial regulator FCA to launch the crypto trading platform. The involvement of mainstream financial giants is a bullish sign for the adoption of cryptocurrencies as it not only expands the reach but also ensures regulatory compliance.
- ETH Whales Add Polygon (MATIC) Amid Prices Surge Of 60% In Last 7 Days
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%