Bitcoin (BTC) has been hovering under the key resistance of $51K for the past week despite the market sentiments growing bullish in the holiday season and earlier today it finally managed to breach it. The top cryptocurrency is trading at $51,088 at the time of writing with a 3% increase over the past 24-hours.
After an eventful first quarter of 2021, the crypto market registered two massive market corrections of over 50% during the second quarter. However, things started to look bullish again with October as BTC and several other altcoins hit new all-time highs, but November and December turned bearish again.
BTC is now looking to gain back some bullish momentum towards the end of December mimicking the start of the bull season last year. The circumstances also seem quite similar since COVID’s new variant omicron along with growing inflation and financial stability could again make Bitcoin the go-to store of value.
Will Bitcoin see a supercycle or 2017 like downfall?
The last bull season saw Bitcoin rise to a new ATH near $20K in December 2017. After BTC topped the bull market in December, altcoins surged to new highs in the first quarter of 2018 and then the whole crypto market entered a four-year-long bearish phase.
A lot has changed over the past year as BTC has now become a genuine parallel financial investment market as compared to its status as a “passing fad” and “bubble” in 2017. Most of the institutions watched from the sidelines as retail carried the market for as long as they could. However, institutions have not just adopted bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in 2021, they got their hands deep with several new government-approved crypto ETFs launching in a number of G-20 nations.
Crypto pundits have admitted that the $100,000 BTC price prediction was a little far-fetched, however, they belive fundamentals and markets have become strong enough to carry the bull run into 2022.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45