- Americans now investing part of their $2,000 stimulus package in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- Bitcoin price slides from last week’s high around $7,314, testing support at $6,750 but recovery is underway, targeting $7,000.
Bitcoin price recovered significantly towards the end of last week. The bullish momentum appeared to have been a technical breakout supported by renewed interest among investors due to various factors including the block reward halving event coming up in May and the stimulus package American people are getting from the government. The stimulus package is meant to cushion the citizens from the shocks of the COVID-19 pandemic on the US and the global economy. In the US there has been a historical increase in the number of jobless claims.
Brian Armstrong, the CEO of Coinbase, a leading cryptocurrency exchange in the US recently shared data indicating an increase in the number of transactions, precisely for a figure of $1,200. Users on Reddit have also confirmed that people in the US are putting up to $1,200 of the stimulus package in Bitcoin and other cryptoassets. A representative of Binance US also confirmed the same figure while talking to CoinDesk on Monday according a Report published by Forbes.
Bitcoin Price Technical Picture
At the time of writing, Bitcoin is trading at $6,878 following a retreat from last week’s highs around $7,314 (on Coinbase). Although the buyers commenced this week above $7,000 as desired, they have failed to contain the gains above the same level and sustain recovery towards $8,000.
A trendline support is still intact and has been instrumental in stopping extended loses towards $6,700. An ongoing bullish action hints that a reversal is in the offing. Besides, the RSI is moving upwards from the oversold region to show that bullish interest is returning.
BTC/USD 1-hour chart
On the upside, a break above the pivotal $7,000 level must be ready to deal with the resistance at both the 50 SMA and the 100 SMA in the hourly timeframe. Additional hurdles are at the 61.8% Fibo level of the last swing high at $9,213.78 to a swing low at $3,891.99. For now, the best move is to cross above $6,900 and focus all attention on climbing past the $7,000 level.
Bitcoin Intraday Key Levels
Spot rate: $6,879
Relative change: 36
Percentage change: 0.53%
- Dogecoin, Cardano Price Analysis: September 23, 2021
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Needs This Crucial Level Ahead Of Approach To $4,000
- Ripple, Solana Price Analysis: September 23, 2021
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Rolls Down The Runway Ahead Of Takeoff To $48,000
- Bitcoin, Polkadot Price Analysis: September 21, 2021
- China Central Bank Issues Detailed Crypto Crackdown Guidelines, Crypto Market Turns Red
- Amber Group Appoints Group of Ex-Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley Executives
- Introducing MetaWars: A Strategic Blockchain-based Game in the Metaverse
- CENNZnet Celebrates Hackathon with Gitcoin
- Webcams Site, BongaCams, Becomes Next Major Player to Accept Dogecoin