- Bitcoin price loses support at $32,000 and losses under $30,000 beckon.
- The bearish call is short-term but could intensify amid investors panicking.
Bitcoin price seems to have accepted that recovery is not possible at this momentum in time. Despite holding above $32,000 last week, this support has been overwhelmed amid the ongoing mid-week trading session. Thus, Bitcoin is teetering around $31,800 while bears tighten their grip.
Is Bitcoin Price Downtrend Stoppable?
Numerous sell signals on the four-hour chart show that Bitcoin’s slightest resistance path is downward. Realize that a bearish moving average cross led to the formation of a death cross pattern. This pattern occurred when the 50 Simple Moving Average moved below the longer-term 100 SMA. In other words, recovery is mainly out of the picture, and BTC likely to consolidate at a lower price level.
The exact four-hour chart brings to light a bearish Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) indicator. A call to sell Bitcoin appeared on July 12 when the 12-day Exponential Moving Average (EMA) crossed under the 26-day EMA. In addition, the MACD continues to dip under the mean line into the negative territory.
BTC/USD four-hour chart
According to the Relative Strength Index (RSI), bears are very aggressive at writing. It follows a correction from levels near the overbought region to the oversold territory. If this technical picture remains unchanged, we expect Bitcoin to dip some more and perhaps explore areas below $30,000.
A descending parallel channel’s lower boundary support is currently the last line of hope for the bulls. Therefore, holding within this channel is crucial to the resumption of the uptrend. However, if lost, the overhead pressure as panic grips the market. Support at $31,000 may not be dependable, hence the potential of Bitcoin dropping to the region between $29,000 and $28,000.
Bitcoin price intraday levels
Spot rate: $31,790
Resistance: $32,000 and $34,000
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?