Cloudflare on Tuesday said it is facing services and network issues, causing errors or timeouts on many websites. Moreover, the issue has been identified by the Cloudflare team, and currently implementing a fix to restore the affected services.
The affected services include major crypto websites, and other popular shopping, social, and gaming platforms. Some of the websites include FTX, KuCoin, Coinbase, Amazon, Minecraft, Steam, Discord, Telegram, GitLab, among others.
Cloudflare Team Working on Major Outage
Cloudflare team is investigating a critical P0 incident at around 06:34 AM UTC that caused nearly half of the Internet to experience errors or timeouts on websites.
“Eyeballs attempting to reach sites in impacted regions will observe 500 errors. The incident impacts all data plane services in our network. We will continue updating you when we have more information.”
At around 7 AM UTC, Cloudflare said the team has identified the issue and implemented a fix to restore the affected services. Thereafter, the team started monitoring the results.
John Graham-Cumming, CTO of Cloudflare, said the outage is not worldwide but a lot of places were impacted. The problem is in the backbone network. Services will be back online soon.
Several crypto platforms including FTX, KuCoin, Kraken, Coinbase, WazirX, eToro, CoinMarketCap, Coingecko, Nexo, and others were affected.
Also, major websites such as 2K Games, League of Legends, Minecraft, Steam, Amazon Web Services, Discord, DoorDash, Gitlab, Shopify, Skype, UPS, Udemy, Canva, HubSpot, etc.
Most websites are using Cloudflare for performance as well as DDoS protection and security. Moreover, platforms using DigitalOcean’s DNS service for propagating IP were also facing issues as the service depends on Cloudflare.
Cloudflare Suffered Second Outage Within a Week
Cloudflare has suffered its second outage within a week. On June 15, an outage caused disruptions in some parts of the world. Several services including Discord, GitLab, and SaaS platform OSlash, Shopify, and Canva faced network issues in India, Indonesia, and Eastern Europe.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26