Just hours after announcing his reason to shut down Terra’s Luna and UST from trading on his platform, Binance, CZ, founder and CEO of Binance has in another tweet, lifted the suspension and allowed trading again. Similar to how he announced the suspension, CZ took to Twitter to make the important announcement.
The dark hours of LUNA
Luna may be allowed to trade again on Binance but there’s still doubts over its security and certainty. In his tweet announcing the commencement of Luna trading on Binance, CZ pointed out that while the Blockchain is on again, there would be no minting just yet. Unwilling to give room to criticism, he advised traders against buying coins and tasked personal research to be carried out before acting on the announcement.
On Thursday, 12th May 2022, Terra announced its plan to stop block production after hitting an all time low that saw its value go as low as $0.000033.
Few hours later, there was a resumption of block production but another announcement was made in the early hours of Friday. Speaking from its official Twitter handle, Terra announced a halt of its blockchain production.
Hours later on Friday, news announced the commencement of Luna spot trading on Binance in a detailed tweet that included the date and exact time, which would in turn allow deposits and withdrawals to be made.
What is the way forward for Terra?
In an official statement via Twitter, Terra Blockchain confirmed their resumption of block production.
Based on their official report, they advised traders to take note of the unavailability of wormhole bridge while also revealing that on-chain swaps would be disabled and IBC channels closed while, “users are encouraged to bridge off-chain assets, such as bETH, to their native chains.”
Luna is believed to have been massively pumped into the crypto market. According to a credible user on Twitter, the supply of LUNA on Friday, 13th May, 2022 increased to over 6.5 trillion from its previous 340 million after 6.37 trillion Luna was issued the same day.
- G7 Countries to Discuss Crypto Assets This Week After Recent Terra Ecosystem Collapse
- Whales Eye Litecoin Ahead Of Major Update, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Robinhood Now Supports Web3 Wallets And NFTs
- U.S. Is Winning Bitcoin Mining Race But China Still Not Out Of Picture: Report
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Just-In: Polygon (MATIC) Releases Nightfall Mainnet Beta; Here’s Why It’s A Big Deal
- Ripple (XRP) Price Jumps Over 4%, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- KuCoin Lists $UST Crisis Born Stablecoin $USDD; Details
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark