- Mexico is lining up to be the next potential adopter of Bitcoin as legal tender. Mexican Senator Indira Kempis, has revealed that a bill to adopt Bitcoin as legal tender in the Latin American country will land in parliament in the next two months.
Pro Bitcoin Mexican Senator rallying support for Bitcoin
Kempis made the remark while speaking at the ongoing Bitcoin 2022 Conference in Miami. Introduced by former chief strategy officer of Blockstream, Samson Mow, Kempis stated that if adopted as legal tender, Bitcoin would provide financial inclusion and financial education for the more than 67 million Mexicans currently excluded from the privilege.
The senator also sent a message to the president of Mexico, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, that senators behind the bill planned to hold a discussion with him concerning the plan. She said:
In two months, we will propose legislation to modify regulations in fintech and monetary law… We’re looking forward to sitting down with you [President Obrador] to talk about the plan. Bitcoin as legal tender in Mexico.
Notably, Kempis first revealed plans around proposing legislation to adopt Bitcoin as legal tender in Mexico back in February. After a visit to El Salvador, Kempis asserted that the Mexican people’s standard of life could be greatly improved with a stronger financial instrument like Bitcoin.
Other countries also looking into Bitcoin adoption
Mow, who left Blockstream last month to focus on advising nation-states, also introduced other key players from countries keen on adopting Bitcoin.
On his introduction, President of Portugal’s Madeira region, Miguel Filipe Machado de Albuquerque, commented that he believes the future is Bitcoin, hence he is steering Madeira to being more crypto-friendly.
Similarly, Joel Bomgar, the president of Próspera a Honduran economic development think-tank, intoned that the country was introducing favorable tax regulations for crypto.
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Day Death Cross, More Bloodbath Coming?
- Crypto Expert PlanB Reveals New Bitcoin (BTC) Bull Run
- Solana (SOL) NFT Trades Moon Amid Crypto Crash
- LUNA Founder Faces Community Backlash Over LUNA Revival Plan; Here’s Why
- Breaking: Do Kwon Releases Another LUNA Revival Plan
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?