Coinbase, one of the largest crypto exchanges has entered into a partnership with 401(k) pension plan provider ForUsAll Inc to allow plan holders to invest in cryptocurrencies. The partnership would let 401(k) pension plan holders invest upto 5% of their balance in crypto assets.
There is little to zero crypto exposure in 401(k) pension plans or individual retirement accounts. Industry insiders cite the high volatility of the crypto market as the reason against its adoption while many advocate at least 1% of these retirement plans should include a crypto portfolio.
The pension and Retirement account market is a $22 trillion industry and ForUsAll represents a very small $1.7 billion market. However, it could lead the path for several other retirement plan providers in the coming times. The pension plan provider also becomes the first firm to offer direct crypto exposure to its clients. Some of Fidelity and Schwab’s admistratered 401(k) accounts do allow the purchase of some of the Grayscale offered products but none have shown any intention of direct crypto exposure citing strong volatility in the crypto market.
Pension Fund Industry Having Discussions Over Allowing Crypto Investments
The WSJ report indicated that the pension fund market is having meaningful full discussions around crypto investments in retirement plans. Crypto assets have started to pop up in institutional portfolios including KiwiSaver retirement savings in New Zealand.
ForUsAll clients who opt for the new crypto investment plan can transfer up to 5% of their account balances into a self-directed cryptocurrency window that uses Coinbase’s institutional trading platform. This Coinbase trading window will offer access to all of the 50 crypto assets listed on the exchange. Employees can also invest up to 5% of each payroll contribution in cryptocurrency.
- 7 Reasons Why The Bitcoin and Crypto Bull Run Will Stretch Well Into 2022
- Bitcoin (BTC) Dominance Falls Lowest Since Feb 2018, Here’s How Altcoins can Benefit
- XRP Lawsuit: The DPP Dispute is Back, Here’s How It May Ravage Ripple’s Former Win
- Former OCC Chief Says the U.S. Is “Unquestionably behind the curve” in Fostering Crypto Growth
- Next Metahero? BitriseCoin Skyrocket 3000%
- Saitama Inu Community Is Loving BitriseCoin
- Evergrow Coin Price Tumble, While Bitrise Coin Price Skyrocketing
- Litecoin Price Tumble, While BitriseCoin Skyrocketing
- CBDC India: RBI Governor Compares Digital Fraud to Fake Indian Currency Notes
- World’s Top Venture Capital Firm Sequoia Capital Hints at DAO Integration
- Tron Price Analysis: The TRX Coin Preparing For The Recovery Phase With Eyes On The $0.123 Mark
- Chainlink Price Analysis: The LINK Token Hints At A Bear Trap In Its Technical Chart
- Polkadot Price Analysis: The DOT Coin Shows Buying Pressure Below 0.618 FIB Level; Will This End its Correction Phase?
- XRP, Terra and NEM Price Analysis: 08 December
- Filecoin, EOS and Litecoin Price Analysis: 08 December
- Tezos Price Prediction: XTZ Is Up 35% To 5.5% As Bulls Aim For $7.0
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Back Above $50K As Market Recovery Begins
- BSV Price Analysis: The BSV Coin Prepares For Its Next Big Move Resonating Inside A Definite Range
- AVAX Price Analysis: The Coin Price Has Discounted 35% In This Correction Phase; Is This a Fair Value For AVAX?
- Ethereum, Harmony and Spell Token Price Analysis: 07 December