The latest update in Visor Finance’s exploit of 8.8 million VISR tokens saw Visor publish its post-mortem report of the hack, determining the upcoming launch of a new token to replace the formerly stolen VISR. Post exploit, VISR’s price witnessed a steep drop amounting to 94 percent. At press time, VISR was trading at the price of $0.054998, with a market cap that stood slightly over $1 million, according to CoinMarketCap data.
Visor Finance’s new token
Given the token’s unfortunate fall, VISR will now be replaced by a new token with a different ticker to avoid confusion. Furthermore, the company has already initiated the listing process for its new token on several registries to assure visibility and recognition by dexes and wallets. Additionally, the company warned against buying the old VISR in lieu of a drop, as it will not be “redeemable” for the replacement token.
“What we have opted to do is replace the old VISR token ticker symbol with the new one. All tokenomics will stay the same and there will be a redemption (from the time of the snapshot) of 1:1 with the new token, including those staked in the vVISR contract and the those staked in Tokemak…No one should buy VISR as it will not be redeemable for the new token.”
Visor to revise its flawed staking contract
The vVISR staking contract became the core of the hack, with drawbacks in the contract that allowed hackers to re-enter and mint more vVISR tokens, along with facilitating limitless minting to further exaggerate the exploit’s extent.
However, Visor’s rectification plan includes making changes in the formerly flawed staking contract, assuring that this time around it does not rely on a user provided contract to implement the required transfer function. According to Visor’s post-mortem, the staking contract should instead rely on a fixed transfer implementation such as ERC20.
“We are engaged with both Quantstamp and ConsenSys Diligence for December and January audits and this new staking contract will be included.”, Visor added.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?