Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) have taken the overall crypto market by storm this year. Tech conglomerate Facebook is looking to now dabble into the world of NFTs. Interestingly, this news comes just a day after Visa announced its CryptoPunk NFT purchase for a staggering $150,000.
It seems like big-tech players and financial giants are foreseeing a big opportunity in the NFT ecosystem. Speaking to Bloomberg TV on Tuesday, August 24, Facebook’s head of crypto and blockchain division David Marcus said:
“We’re definitely looking at the number of ways to get involved in the space because we think we’re in a really good position to do so. When you have a good crypto wallet like Novi will be, you also have to think about how to help consumers support NFTs. We’re definitely thinking about this.”
Marcus hasn’t been quite elaborative on what kind of NFT features will the NOVI digital wallet host. Also, just last week, Marcus confirmed that Facebook’s NOVI Digital Wallet is all set to launch in the major U.S. States.
Launching Along with Diem
Facebook Diem, previously popular as Libra, is the company’s most ambitious project in the FinTech space. Facebook has faced several pushbacks from regulators and lawmakers over the last few years.
However, the Diem project works independently as of now with Facebook still a partner in it. While Facebook’s NOVI digital wallet is ready for the roll-out, Marcus said that Facebook is willing to launch it alongside Diem.
As per the current plans, Diem is planning to offer a so-called stablecoin pegged to the USD. However, it’s unclear when the coin shall be introduced. Facebook wants that people should use its NOVI digital wallet to transfer Diem. This is to facilitate instant cross-border payments at a low cost.
Marcus stresses that the simultaneous launch of Diem + NOVI is essential to change the payments ecosystem. However, “as a last resort”, Facebook might consider launching the Novi wallet without Diem.
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Breaking: Elon Musk Bets McDonalds to Accept Dogecoin (DOGE) As Payment
- T-series And Hefty Entertainment join forces with Hungama to delve into Web 3.0 to create NFTs
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?