Nevertheless, their bet is actually based on opposing views for the economy. While PTJ is banking on BTC as an inflationary hedge, Chamath is suggesting a deflationary spiral. Moreover, in case of the latter scenario, we could witness another drop in the price of assets, including Bitcoin and gold.
Inflation or a Deflationary Spiral Downwards?
The COVID-19 ridden economy has been torn between the two with an inevitable global slowdown. The Government have continually printed heaps of cash to maintain liquidity in the markets. The increase in supply of US Dollar suggests the onset of high inflation. However, credit defaults, employment and decreased GDP could have investors flocking to cash. Hence, as the demand for cash increases and spending decreases the price of goods and services are likely to fall.
Chamath has been a long standing advocate of Bitcoin. In fact, his VC fund growth in the last couple of years has been attributed to Bitcoin’s growth. He points out at one of the greatest markers of a deflationary spiral in the current economy.
“The best technology companies in the world have literally been training billions of consumers to not really spend money,” he said. “The whole idea is if you wait tomorrow, you will get more for less.”
Nevertheless, make no mistake, in either case a crisis seems unavoidable. Chamath points out in a tweet,
I say deflation and buy. he says inflation and buy. other people just say buy. we can disagree about the forcing function, but we all agree on the outcome…
Everything is Relative
Furthermore, along with Bitcoin, the stock market has been trading higher as well. This comes as a surprise to many, nonetheless, the monetary injection by the Feds continue to inflate asset prices. However, as the spending is set to decrease, a deflationary spiral could drive down asset prices to new lows. Moreover, with the a positive correlation with the stock market in recent times, Bitcoin could undergo a deeper correction as well.
However, as gains and losses are relative in the economy. The limited supply and correlational of Bitcoin and Gold would favor its’ growth in a crisis ridden environment. Tone Vays, leading derivatives trader and analyst notes,
Ironically, the reason Paul Tudor Jones is recommending # is to hedge “inflation” not “deflation”. But hey whatever gets these guys to recognize $‘s value is a good thing.
How do you see the economy and asset prices play-out in this economy? Please share your views with us.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?