A string of recent bans by YouTube on popular crypto channels were met with widespread ire by the crypto community.
Bankless, the most notable of the lot, was restored to the platform on Monday after a barrage of criticism against the streaming platform.
The channel, which is among the most popular YouTube crypto channels with over 150,000 subscribers, said there was no warning or justification provided for the ban.
YouTube gives little information over the bans
But Bankless is not the only crypto channel facing YouTube’s ban hammer. Aave founder Stani Kulechov noted that the platform had banned other educational web3 accounts as well, including Gabriel Haines and Optimism PBC.
While YouTube said it will look into the other two accounts, their channels appear to be inaccessible as of press time.
Bankless said the platform had given it no warning or justification for the ban. Haines confirmed his channel’s removal on Twitter, and said that the platform had deleted his channel because of “inactivity-” something he denied. All of Haines’ channel content also appears to be permanently deleted, without warning.
Optimism is yet to issue a statement on the matter. Crypto Love, a YouTube channel, also appeared to have been recently banned, and is appealing against the ban.
Crypto community opposes the bans
Several voices on Twitter derided the bans, especially given that they were issued without warning or justification.
Users also criticized the fact that YouTube had targeted educational channels such as Bankless. They noted that the platform still allowed several other channels peddling crypto-linked scams within its limits.
Kulechov recently launched a decentralized alternative to Twitter, called the Lens Protocol.
- Breaking: Terra 2.0 Plan Officially Approved, Testnet Goes Live
- Do Kwon’s Terra 2.0 Plan Rejected By S.Korean Crypto Exchanges
- Just-In: Avalanche Asks ApeCoin To Ditch Ethereum For Otherside Launch
- Tron (TRX) Overtakes Shiba Inu In Value On This Key Reason
- Voting On New Terra Chain To End Soon, Where Does The Tally Stand?
- Ethereum Gas Fee Drops To the Lowest Since July 2021, ETH In Accumulation Phase
- Popular Crypto Wallet MetaMask to Integrate Coinbase Pay As Part of Web 3 Push
- Why Billionaire Ray Dalio Is Still Betting Big On Bitcoin (BTC)?
- CZ Fuels Rumors Of Binance’s Trading Service Launch In Dubai
- Just-In: European Central Bank Says Crypto Unsuitable As Store Of Value
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?