Japanese brokerage giant Nomura Holdings has started offering Bitcoin derivatives to its institutional clients due to high demand. The decision comes just at a time when Bitcoin (BTC) has been going through a rough phase and is trading below $30,000.
Nomura shall be offering Bitcoin non-deliverable forwards and non-deliverable options settled in cash. Thus, its clients can start trading Bitcoin futures and options in the market.
As per the Bloomberg report, Nomura carried out the first trade earlier this week on CME Group Inc.’s platform. It has also partnered with market-maker Cumberland DRW LLC. Tim Albers, head of forex structuring in Asia ex-Japan, said:
There has been significant volatility recently. Once the dust settles, valuations will become more attractive for institutional clients. We’re pretty excited to get this off the ground” as the launch “marks the start of our journey into the space” for the global markets business.
Nomura’s Expansion in Crypto
Earlier this year, Japanese banking giant Nomura revealed its intensions to get into crypto. Acting on the same lines “tapping resources within its Singapore-based foreign exchange” for crypto expansion in global markets.
However, the decision to expand in global markets comes at a very critical time. The crypto market has eroded more than $300 billion of investors’ wealth over the last 45 days. As a result, crypto is likely to face growing scrutiny from policymakers across the globe.
On the other hand, the global macroeconomic conditions aren’t favorable to rypto investors. The Federal Reserve is likely to go aggressive with interest rate hikes this year to control the soaring inflation. At the same time, the chances of a recession in the U.S. are higher if it reports a second consecutive quarter of negative GDP.
“We expect the sector to mature over time, to become more regulated, which makes it more attractive for institutional investors,” Albers said. “As a result, volatility should reduce over time.”
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark