In an aggressive push to expanding its business and establishing a strong footing in the crypto space, Japanese financial giant SBI Holdings is seeking to form cryptocurrency joint ventures with some of the top foreign financial firms. SBI Holdings has, as such been an advocate of crypto developments and is also a close partner with the San Francisco-based blockchain firm Ripple.
Speaking to Reuters, SBI Holdings founder Yoshitaka Kitao said that the development comes as since cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) have been drawing huge institutional interest in recent times. Besides, they have emerged as alternative investment targets to traditional assets like gold and bonds.
Kitao told Reuters that while investors once lived on choosing investments between stocks and bonds, it’s no longer a similar situation. He added:
“Institutional investors, mainly hedge funds, have recently started investing in cryptocurrencies…Not just institutional investors but also Elon Musk has”.
We all know how Tesla’s $1.5 billion Bitcoin purchase has sparked massive corporate interest in Bitcoin. Over the last week, top corporates like Uber and Twitter have shown interest in BTC either through offering payment services or by adding it to their balance sheets. Even banking giants like JPMorgan, BNY Mellon and Morgan Stanley have show interest in Bitcoin.
SBI Holdings Working on Two JVs At The Moment
Speaking to Reuters, Kitao said that there are two deals currently underway for the cryptocurrency joint ventures with companies. However, he declined to elaborate further on this point. SBI is themselves offering crypto trading services to its customers since 2018.
The biggest online brokerage firm in Japan is now looking to expand its portfolio. In 2020, SBI Holdings acquired a local Japanese crypto exchange Tao Tao. Besides, it also acquired a 90% stake in London-based market maker B2C2.
Kitao is hopeful that its crypto trading business will turn out to be a big revenue-generating stream for the company going ahead. He added that his company is looking ahead to large-scale mergers and acquisitions.
For a period of nine months through December 2020, the company’s pretax profit stood at 6.7 billion yen, and 83% surge during the same period in 2019.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?