The largest stock exchange in the world, NYSE or New York Stock Exchange, is entering the metaverse world. It has filed a trademark application with the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for registering the term “NYSE” for a wide range of metaverse – and non-fungible token (NFT)-related products.
Details of the application were first revealed by Trademark attorney Michael Kondoudis and broke the news that NYSE is entering the metaverse segment.
NYSE applies for a trademark
The application talks about the process to trademark NYSE for NFTs, cryptocurrencies, digital collectibles, and marketplaces to trade and exchange them, wrote Kondoudis.
The trademark application was filed on February 10 and suggested that NYSE host a marketplace for buyers and sellers, and traders of downloadable virtual goods. It will include NFTs and NFT collectible series, digital collectibles, tokens, and art. The application also talks about “virtual reality” software and software for digital, virtual, and cryptocurrency wallets and storage.
The filing also included software and application programming interface (API) meant for transmitting, trading, sending, receiving, selling, storing, accepting, buying, and exchanging digital currency, virtual currency, cryptocurrency, and digital and blockchain resources.
NYSE Earlier Forayed in NFT’s
NYSE is not a stranger to NFT’s. For example, the American Stock Exchange had in early 2021 minted NFTs of the first trade made in the shares of six prominent US companies, including Spotify, Snowflake, Unity, DoorDash, Roblox, and Coupang.
NYSE is not alone in this process, fast-food giant McDonald’s also filed trademark applications for virtual restaurants, cafes, concerts, and other virtual services, goods, and events. In addition, Walmart and Crocs also have filed applications that suggest that these trading entities aim to offer virtual goods, digital assets, and NFTs.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3