ETH price extends the previous week’s losses falling below the $2,900 level. The recent price action shows the presence of the downside momentum as it breaks below another vital support level on the daily chart. A decisive breakout will signal another round of selling in the asset.
- ETH price trades lower as the fresh trading week begins.
- Investors continue to liquidate the positions since April 4.
- More downside is expected at the ETH price as it tested one-month lows at nearly $2,880.
As of press time, ETH/USD is exchanging hands at $2,913, down 2.50% for the day.
ETH price moves south
On the daily chart, the ETH price dropped 18% from the highs of $3,548.51 made on April 4. The price breaks below the psychological $3,000 level, a crucial level to hold for the buyers. But the bulls lack the conviction to hold the level.
ETH price breaks the bullish trend line that extends from the lows of $2,445.00. The trend line acted as a support for the bulls, the price surged 35% to the swing highs of $3,548.1 but retraced quickly again to retest the bullish slopping line.
Now, the price is trading below the crucial support level promising more downside around the corner. If ETH price breaks below the session’s low it would trigger a fresh round of selling with the first downside target at the lows of March 22 at $2,887.79.
An extended sell-off would drag the price to revisit the $2,600 horizontal support level.
On the flip side, a bounce-back above the bullish slop line will keep an eye on the highs of April 11 at $3,214.88.
The second-largest cryptocurrency holds the 24-hour trading volume at $15,042,892,023 with gains of 74%.
MACD: The moving average convergence divergence oscillates below the midline with increasing bearish momentum.
RSI: The daily relative strength index reads at 37 while trading below the average line.
- Crypto Expert PlanB Reveals New Bitcoin (BTC) Bull Run
- Solana (SOL) NFT Trades Moon Amid Crypto Crash
- LUNA Founder Faces Community Backlash Over LUNA Revival Plan; Here’s Why
- Breaking: Do Kwon Releases Another LUNA Revival Plan
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Avalanche (AVAX) Slumps 5% In Minutes On Fears Of Terra Dump
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?