The viral short video application, TikTok, owned by the parent company, ByteDance has announced the launch of its first-ever NFT series “TikTok Top Moments”. TikTok noted that amid the NFT frenzy era, the platform will begin auctioning tokenized versions of popular, “community-defining” videos by eminent TikTok creators.
TikTok revealed that the auction will take place on the Ethereum blockchain, and will further be powered by Immutable X, which provides a carbon-neutral Layer-2 scaling solution to the network. Additionally, the exclusive TikTok NFT series will be presented on Infinite Duets: Co-Creating on TikTok, a new TikTok Exhibit at the Museum of the Moving Image in Queens, NY, beginning on October 1 through November 5. TikTok’s entry into the NFT sphere will not only make way for an extra revenue stream for the creators and NFT artists but also facilitate a better bond between the audience and the performers of the platform.
“The creation that happens on TikTok helps drive culture and starts trends beyond the platform. As the creator economy continues to grow, we’re continually looking for new and differentiated ways to support our creators. Now, fans can own a moment on TikTok that helped shape the internet while supporting some of their favorite creators. We’re excited to see how our community and NFT communities engage with some of the internet’s most beloved cultural milestones.”, stated Nick Tran, Global Head of Marketing, TikTok.
TikTok Top Moments NFT series will feature six “culturally significant” TikTok videos of respective creators. These creators will include, Lil Nas X, Rudy Willingham, Bella Poarch, Curtis Roach, Brittany Broski, FNMeka, Jess Marciante, and Gary. The featured creators will be collaborating with leading NFT artists such as COIN ARTIST, x0r, RTFKT, Grimes, and more, on limited edition NFTs.
NFT becomes the New Staple for the Entertainment industry
The NFT trend has taken over the entertainment industry. With entertainment legends entering the arena, including Marvel Studios and Enderby Entertainment. Marvel Entertainment recently announced the launch of its latest NFT series featuring tokenized Spiderman and Captain America collectibles. Following Marvel’s footsteps, Oscar awarded Best Actor, Anthony Hopkin broke the internet with the announcement of his next film, Zero Contact release via a non-fungible token (NFT) distribution and viewing platform.
- Indian Crypto Exchanges See Volumes Plummeting 80% Since July 1 Due to New Tax Rules
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- THORChain Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Aim RUNE Price to Hit $3.4
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%