At block #630,000 the block reward of mining a block on the Bitcoin network reduced from 12.5 BTC to 6.25 BTC completing its third successful halving. The ‘halvening” event as it’s known in the crypto circles brought about a frenzy of bullish sentiments in the field including legendary hedge fund manager Paul Tudor Jones and famous Bitcoin perma-bull, Mike Novogratz, who spoke to CNN on Tuesday.
Bitcoin halving is quantitative tightening.
Bitcoin’s set supply cuts every 210,000 blocks are “all about the selling pressure” according to Mike. With miners having fewer coins to sell in the market (assuming miners do sell all their BTC) the supply will reduce as well.
In light of the recent expansionary monetary policies set in place by governments across the world due to the COVID-19 pandemic, BTC offers uncorrelated and safer options during these times. Describing the current halving as a polar opposite to the governments and the Fed’s quantitative easing (QE) policies.
“We have QE on top of QE and not just here in the U.S. but globally. You’ve got this exclamation point on the story of what a scarce asset does and what a monetary system with scarcity looks like in contrast to what the Fed is doing,” he said. “On the flip side, the halving is really quantitative tightening.”
‘It’s perfect timing for Bitcoin’
The increasing monetary easing policy has turned up a gear as the U.S. government kicks off buying electronically traded funds (ETFs) for the first time ever in a bid to keep the markets alive. The global money printing and quantitative easing make a case for the top cryptocurrency given its sound monetary policy.
Paul Tudor Jones, a billionaire hedge fund manager – worth over $5.3 billion – recently revealed that he puts 1 to 2 percent of his assets in BTC as a diversification asset. Novogratz says the current challenges in the monetary system presents an opportune time for investors to hold Bitcoin as a safe haven in part of their portfolio.
“It’s perfect timing for a macro story that people are thinking that I should have about 1 to 2 percent of my portfolio in Bitcoin. Because the possibility that things go really poorly with the fiat monetary system is rising.”
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- ‘Ripple is giving SEC more Trouble than Anyone in Crypto’ Attorney Chervinsky
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?