Per data from Token Terminal, OpenSea generated almost as much revenue from transaction fees as the Ethereum blockchain during the period. Even more impressive is the fact that OpenSea achieved the feat without a token or token incentive, the crypto market data aggregator noted.
OpenSea competing with Ethereum in fee revenue
The total revenue OpenSea made from both royalties paid to creators and transaction fees going to the protocol amounted to $74.37 million. This was only about $13.03 million less than Ethereum’s $87.39 million fee revenue in the last week the data showed.
OpenSea is almost on par with Ethereum in fee revenue in the past week. And this without a token/token incentives,” TT said.
Similarly, the NFT marketplace had an impressive run this month. According to data from the Dune Analytics dashboard created by @rchen8, total NFT sales on OpenSea in April amounted to $3.4 billion, generating approximately $282 million in fees. Notably, the marketplace is one of the largest gas consumption entities on the Ethereum marketplace.
What has been driving down Ethereum’s transaction fees?
Ethereum’s transaction fees have been reducing for a while. Back in February, Arcane research noted that Ethereum transaction fees were at their lowest in six months. The drop in fees could be due to reduced transaction demand, the report noted. But the more likely reason Arcane noted was that Layer 2 platforms were getting more adoption and shifting much of the transaction load from the main chain.
Despite this, Ethereum continues to dominate other blockchains in market share of NFT sales volume and DeFi total value.
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
The presented content may include the personal opinion of the author and is subject to market condition. Do your market research before investing in cryptocurrencies. The author or the publication does not hold any responsibility for your personal financial loss.
Crypto Stories View all