MATIC, the native cryptocurrency of Ethereum’s Layer-2 scaling solution Polygon, has shown a strong move recently despite the broader crypto market moving sideways. In the last 24-hours, the MATIC price has rallied 15% moving all the way to $2.20.
With this move, MATIC has also extended its weekly gains to more than 20%. The recent price rally in Polygon (MATIC) comes on the backdrop of a multitude of different factors.
21Shares To Issue Polygon ETP
21Shares, a cryptocurrency exchange-traded product (ETP) issuer announced on Wednesday, December 1, announced that it will be launching a Polygon ETP on Euronext exchanges in Paris and Amsterdam.
The ETP will track the performance of Polygon’s native cryptocurrency MATIC. As of now, 21Shares boasts 20-crypto ETPs. Earlier this year, it also announced a crypto ETP tracking the performance of Ethereum-killer Solana (SOL).
For the launch of its Polygon (MATIC) ETP, the firm has partnered with U.K.-based infrastructure provider Copper who will be offering custodial and staking requirements.
IDEX to Launch Hybrid Liquidity DEX on Polygon
San Francisco-based decentralized exchange IDEX will be launching a new v3 Hybrid Liquidity DEX on Polygon. This hybrid model will merge the traditional order book functionality along with other automated market makers’ (AMM) liquidity pools.
This will help in introducing typical investing tools such as stop losses, limit orders, and real-time execution. Besides, it will also bring in higher financial returns for liquidity providers.
IDEX said that the major reason for choosing Polygon is its lower transaction costs. It noted that the transaction cost on Polygon is typically “10,000–100,000 times cheaper” than on Layer 1 Ethereum blockchain. Speaking of this development, IDEX CEO Alex Wearn said:
“DeFi has been hamstrung by issues like gas prices, front-running and slippage since its inception, yet few solutions have truly offered answers to these problems. The novel Hybrid Liquidity design protects users from these pain points, while simultaneously generating higher returns for liquidity providers to boost the scalability of the wider decentralized economy.”
Furthermore, Polygon also announced that it will be hosting the “zk Summit” next week on December 9. It added: “Polygon is focusing on ZK cryptography as the most promising solution for scaling #Ethereum. Witness the live demos of this technology during the action-packed summit”.
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?