One cryptocurrency which has been largely resilient to the recent cryptocurrency market correction is Terra’s LUNA. It has succeeded in holding its guard with the LUNA price inching closer to $100. As of press time, LUNA is trading in the positive territory at a price of $97.27, unlike other top ten cryptocurrencies.
The performance comes on the backdrop of strong DeFi activity on the Terra blockchain. Last week, Terra surpassed Ethereum 2.0 in terms of total staked value. As per data from Staking Rewards, Terra is closing the gap faster with Solana to become the largest blockchain by staked value.
Currently, the total staked value on Solana is $31.5 billion while that on Solana is $31.6 billion. Terra’s (LUNA) rise despite the recent market turmoil makes it clear that it is soon to grab the dominant position.
Terra’s LUNA has outperformed the broader crypto market! While a majority of the cryptocurrencies witnessed severe correction in the last two weeks, the LUNA price has nearly doubled.
More Than $10 Million Staked In Ethereum 2.0
On the other hand, Ethereum 2.0 also goes to achieve an important milestone. More than 10 million Ether (ETH) have now been staked on Ethereum 2.0 blockchain with the total staked value crossing $26 billion.
All the staking is currently happening on the deposit contracts on the Beacon Chain. By this July, the Beacon Chain is likely to merge with the existing Ethereum blockchain and replace miners.
Under the current arrangement, users can stake their existing ETH on the Ethereum 2.0 consensus layer. In order to participate, each user needs to deposit and stake 32 ETH into the official Ethereum launchpad in order to acquire a validation status on the network.
The transition to Ethereum 2.0 has been relatively slow as a result of which other Ethereum Layer-1 competitors have been gaining ground. We have been seeing the share of Ethereum dropping in the DeFi space every month as other competitors like Solana, Terra, Avalanche, etc make inroads.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3