The junior Republican Senator from Texas, Rafael Edward Cruz made a bitcoin purchase during the recent dip shows his new financial disclosures with the US Senate. The financial disclosures filed on Friday, February 4, depict that Cruz made a bitcoin purchase on January 25 valued between $15,001 and $50,000.
The purchase was made using the River brokerage. Indeed, Senator bought the dip as BTC’s price was hovering under the $37,000 at that time. However, on February 5, BTC’s price rallied above the $40,000 mark for the first time since January 20.
Assuming that Cruz is still holding his recent purchase, his current gain on the transaction will value around $2,000 – $6,850.
Cruz, the crypto advocate
In recent months, US Senator has become a crypto advocate as he introduced a resolution to accept cryptocurrency payment for merchants on Capitol Hill. Cruz also introduced an amendment to remove the language in the bill, which aims to tighten the reporting requirements for digital asset brokers.
However, none of the amendments were passed before the infrastructure bill was signed into law, and the task to clarify the ‘broker’ definition now holds with the Treasury.
Somehow, Texas has emerged as a Bitcoin mining hub under Cruz as miners seek to take benefit of China’s crypto mining crackdown.
Bitcoin rallies 10%
King of cryptocurrency, Bitcoin prices climbed around 10 percent to break the $40,000 mark for the first time since January 20. As a result, BTC’s market dominance rose marginally to 41.65 percent. The second-largest cryptocurrency, Etherium, also surged by more than 10 percent.
The Global cryptocurrency market capitalization surged over the $1.87 trillion mark over the last 24 hours, while trading volumes climbed to $90.36 billion.
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000