Yesterday, a Twitter hack of ‘blue ticked’ accounts which includes Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Barak Obama, Apple Binance Exchange account, it’s CEO and so on shook the elite social media circle. The hackers ran a crypto giveaway scam offering to double the amount people sent to the addresses shared by them.
The primary Bitcoin address of the blatant giveaway scam has raked 12.85345191 BTC (nearly $120,000). The secondary address got only 0.178 BTC in the address (nearly $1,600). The addresses and funds are now being tracked by leading analytics firm and exchanges. One of the primary victims is allegedly a Japanese user who send around $40,000 to the hackers in an attempt to double his money.
Reportedly, the amount transferred in XRP was nil. Chainalysis who released their initial report this morning notified that the ‘funds were on the move.’
Addresses are labelled in our products and we are continuing to add new addresses as we find them. Affected customers will see it in Reactor and KYT. We will keep everyone posted on any additional insights we uncover.
The hackers also transferred funds to their Bitcoin addresses to dupe the victims into believing that the offer was real and ‘easy money’ is on the table.
Twitter Puts a Stop on Crypto Addresses
Now, Twitter has imposed restrictions on posting crypto addresses on their platforms, putting a stop to donations and giveaway scams for a while. The nature of the hack suggests an insider job by a disgruntled or corrupt employee.
The real-time updates on the on-going hack on Twitter itself saved quite a large number of individuals from falling into the trap. Nevertheless, the tweet itself was suspicious enough. Apparently, the hackers got hands at one of the biggest opportunities in today’s world, still played an amateur hand. Naval (alias), a crypto analyst suggests,
Hacking Elon’s Twitter account and using it for a crypto scam rather than a stock-trading scam shows a complete lack of imagination.
How would you have benefitted if you had access to Twitter accounts of leading figures including Donald Trump? Please share your views with us.
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?