The world’s largest cryptocurrency, Bitcoin (BTC) is finally showing some recovery from the recent dump. BTC prices have registered a marginal increase of around 1% in the last 7 days. Meanwhile, Bitcoin’s Ethereum (ETH) spin off Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) registered a huge spike in its trading volume.
ETH whale “Saruman” adds $25 mln worth of WBTC
Interestingly, the biggest of the Ethereum whales’ recent recorded transactions shows a sudden increase in WBTC accumulation. According to WhaleStats, the ETH whales have added over $28.6 million worth of WBTC tokens in the last 24 hours. This move has shot WBTC’s 24 hour trading volume of $329 million by more than 85%.
An ETH whale named “Saruman” alone has added around $25.3 million worth of WBTC tokens. As per the data, the ETH wallet added $11.9 million worth of WBTC tokens in a single transaction. The “Saruman” single handedly holds over $62.4 million worth of Wrapped Bitcoin tokens.
However, the WBTC token is placed in the list of top 10 tokens held by the biggest of the ETH whales. Data reveals that ETH wallets hold more than $462 million worth of WBTC tokens.
Given WBTC’s use in smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain, the move could represent increasing interest in DeFi applications among major whales. DeFi currently offers better returns than the broader crypto market.
Otherside land auction spikes ETH gas fee
The WBTC token is trading at an average price of $38,949, at the press time. The Wrapped Bitcoin prices are up by over 2% in the last 24 hours. According to Coinmarketcap, WBTC is the 16th largest token with a total market capitalization of $10.8 Billion.
Whales appear to be adding the BTC’s ETH spin off amid the recent gas fees surge. According to reports, the Yuga Labs Metaverse “Otherside” land auction caused a skyrocketing increase in the blockchain’s gas fees.
A plot of land on the “Otherside” priced over $5,700 with some spiked transaction costs. The much hyped metaverse auction lead to escalating the Ethereum transaction cost by around $200 at one time. After the launch, gas fees for minting the Yuga Labs NFT breached $123 million with each Otherdeed requiring about $6,000, reports Fortune.
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?