In its case against the SEC, Ripple seems to stack up the odds in its favor. In the recent hearing, the judge rejected the SEC’s motion to prevent Ripple from pursuing a fair notice defense.
Well, this has sent the XRP price up 12% which is currently trading at $0.81 with a market cap of $39.1 billion. Although XRP continues to remain volatile with the broader market correction, today’s move helps its cover all of its last month’s loss.
Ripple’s General Counsel Stuart Alderoty said that Friday’s judgment makes it clear that it’s on the SEC’s part to clarify whether it had appraised Ripple of its XRP distributions shall be regarded as securities. He stated:
Today’s order makes it clear there’s a serious question whether the SEC ever provided Ripple with fair notice that its distributions of XRP – since 2013 – would ever be prohibited under the securities law. Good to see the Judge rejecting the SEC’s attempt to prevent Ripple from pursuing its fair notice defense. It’s even more imperative that the sun sets on the SEC’s “regulation by enforcement” approach.
This could probably mean that the Ripple vs SEC is close enough to its conclusion. Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse also wrote: “While we would have preferred the cases against Chris and me to end now, the SEC must now prove its claims. We are confident that ultimately all of them will be dismissed”.
Will 2022 Be a Year for the XRP?
Although the crypto market witnessed a strong bull run in 2021, XRP hardly participated in the altcoin mega run with investors staying skeptical over its ongoing case with the SEC. However, once the dust settles, XRP could possibly have a strong run to the North.
Again it will be difficult to say whether XRP will be able to surge past its previous ATH this year, but it might emerge as a force to reckon with.
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000