After a minor bounce back from the last Saturday’s bloodbath, the broader crypto market has once again come under pressure in the early morning trade on Monday. The overall cryptocurrency market is down 4.5% as of writing this story at $2.23 trillion.
Bitcoin and the top-ten altcoins are down anywhere between 3-10%. However, Terra’s LUNA which recently made an entry in the top ten crypto-list has corrected the most at 18%.
Asian Stock Market Sell-off Creates Headwinds
The current volatility in Bitcoin and the broader crypto space comes as the Asian stock market witnesses a heavy sell-off in the early trading hours on Monday. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng index has corrected more than 1.3% in the early trading hours with tech stock falling higher. JD.com corrected more than 5% while Tencent corrected by more than 1%. Alibaba was the biggest loser on the Hong Kong index correcting more than 8%.
Chinese property developer Evergrande witnessed a brutal crash of 11% in Monday trade. Evergrande will likely face an ouster from the China Enterprises index. In the filing with the Hong Kong exchange, Evergrande said that it has received a debt repayment demand of $260 million.
“In the event that the Group is unable to meet its guarantee obligations or certain other financial obligations, it may lead to creditors demanding acceleration of repayment,” it said.
Japan’s Nikkei also corrected 1% while Topix was down 0.79%. At the same time, South Korea’s Kospi was down 0.57%. This was enough to put additional pressure on the broader crypto space.
As we know, crypto markets have been largely following the movement of the stock markets. With any uncertainty in the global market, investors want to move their funds to safe havens which leads to dips in the crypto space as well.
While some market analysts have been calling to buy-the-dips, it will be interesting to see if the current correction is a prolonged one or short-lived.
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?