This month of December 2020 has been phenomenal for Bitcoin (BTC) as the world’s largest cryptocurrency has surged nearly 50% so far. A major part of the BTC price has come in the last four days where it moved from $23,500 to above $28,000. On Sunday, December 28, BTC hit its new all-time high of $28,288, however, it has partially retraced but still holding above $27,000 at press time.
— Binance (@binance) December 27, 2020
The latest Bloomberg report suggests that Bitcoin (BTC) is on track for registering its longest monthly gains since mid-2019. The rally in December so far has outsized BTC’s previous monthly gains in October and November.
However, if you are wondering what lies ahead, there’s probably still some steam left in the BTC price rally. Analysts expect we could be seeing Bitcoin (BTC) price touching $30,000 levels. Vijay Ayyar, head of business development with crypto exchange Luno in Singapore said:
“My sense is we’re very close to a top — we could hit $30,000 though. We should definitely see a pullback, but the magnitude is probably lesser. We might only see 10% to 15% drops.”
Bitcoin has emerged as the top-performing asset class and the best hedge against the rising inflationary pressure. Massive institutional money has helped its break several resistance to clinch new highs. Interestingly, with over $500 billion in market cap, BTC has emerged as the world’s biggest financial services toppling giants like VISA (NYSE: V) and PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL).
We Are Not Running Dry of Liquidity Anytime Soon
Interestingly, U.S. President Donald Trump approved the $900 billion stimulus package on Sunday, December 27. It means that fresh liquidity could possibly enter the market with rising retail participation.
Good news on Covid Relief Bill. Information to follow!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 27, 2020
Speaking to Bloomberg, Matt Hougan, the chief investment officer of Bitwise Asset Management said:
“What’s happening now—and it’s happening faster than anyone could ever imagine—is that Bitcoin is moving from a fringe esoteric asset to the mainstream. If it’s going mainstream, there is just so much money on the sidelines that is going to have to come in and establish a position that leaves me very bullish for 2021.”
Over the last month, we have seen that short term corrections in Bitcoin (BTC) price has met with equal and even stronger bull runs. While Bitcoin continues to hog all the limelight, Etheruem (ETH) is catching up equally fast, moving past $700 levels.
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?