After facing strong selling pressure over the last weekend, Bitcoin is back above the $40,000 level once again. As of press time, Bitcoin is trading 4% up at a price of $40,536 and a market cap of $770 billion.
As the BTC price slipped under $39,000 late Sunday, it seems that whales turned active to buy the dips. citing data from on-chain platform Santiment, Ai Martinez reports:
Bitcoin whales took advantage of the recent downswing to buy 40,000 $BTC, worth $1.6 billion! Data from @santimentfeed shows that addresses with 10,000 to 100,000 BTC increased their holdings by nearly 2%, while prices dropped from $39,900 to $38,200.
On the other hand, it seems that the short-term BTC holders have been losing patience during the recent price consolidation. Data from IntoTheBlock shows:
Bitcoin short-term holders continue to decrease their positions. These traders – addresses holding <1 month, tend to follow the price action, and in many cases sell at a loss. The balance held by traders is at the lowest value since Jan 18, as they now hold 1.49m BTC.
What’s Ahead for Bitcoin?
Bitcoin has been showing major price movements in the range of $35,000-$45,000. Thus, this could turn out to be just another price jump and nothing decisively can be said at the moment.
However, we have some interesting developments lined up for Bitcoin investors ahead of this week. Australia is set to get its first spot-Bitcoin ETF this week on April 27 which will be listed on the CBOE equities trading exchange. Further as per market estimates, this could see net inflows of $1 billion and above.
Another positive trigger for Bitcoin could be that the illiquid BTC supply has been growing very fast. Citing data from Glassnode, analysts at Blockforce Capital report that a “massive” number of BTC coins have been moving off exchanges. This supply is going “offline” and into the cold storage. In a note, the analysts wrote:
“We have only seen this level of outflow from exchanges four previous times since the start of 2018. Three of those instances correlated with a sharp upward movement in price not too long after.”
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- SWIFT Plans To Interlink All CBDCs, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Ripple (XRP) Throws In $100 Million To Cut Down Carbon Emission
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000