Binance, the world’s leading crypto exchange by trading volume announced they would be acquiring remaining outstanding shares of the leading crypto Visa card issuer Swipe. Swipe allows customers to spend their cryptocurrencies at over 70 million locations around the globe, and its acquisition would help Binance compete with the likes of retail crypto players such as Paypal and Mastercard that offer similar crypto services.
“Binance is to acquire the remaining outstanding shares of Swipe, the industry’s leading cryptocurrency Visa card issuing platform. Binance and Swipe work with regulated and licensed entities to issue Visa cards, with Swipe acting as Binance’s card program manager and technology platform. Swipe also works with strategic partners to issue cards in permitted regions and markets.”
Binance accelerates new ventures
2021 has proven to be a mixed year for Binance given the string of regulatory warnings and actions throughout this year. However, that hasn’t deterred the biggest crypto exchange from expanding its footprints via new acquisitions and regulatory clearance from various other nations. Most recently, the exchange has got an in-principle license to become a crypto asset service provider in Bahrain. It also managed to get an MSB license in Canada allowing it offers various crypto services.
Earlier this month, the exchange announced its new partnership with Indonesia’s largest telecom firm to open a crypto hub in the nation. The crypto exchange also signed an agreement with the Dubai World Trade Center to help them develop the region as a leading crypto hub. The American independent venture is called Binance.US is also set to close one of the biggest crypto funding round as confirmed by the CEO Changpeng Zhao that could see the platform raise a couple of hundred million.
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?