Elon Musk has temporarily halted the Twitter deal, pending details supporting the calculation that spam and fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users.
After confirming the $44 billion deal with Twitter’s board earlier this year, Musk may be reconsidering the deal.
Elon Musk Halts Twitter Deal on Spam Account Data
Twitter reported in a filing that the social media platform has less than 5% spam or fake accounts. However, Musk wants to conduct a detailed inquiry into the number of spam or fake accounts. In order to conduct the investigation, he has put the deal on hold for an uncertain period.
Elon Musk said in a tweet:
“Twitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users.”
Tesla’s CEO Elon Musk had earlier finalized the deal to buy Twitter for $44 billion. He has also tweeted that removing “spam bots” from the platform will be one of his priorities.
With Elon Musk again putting the deal in question, Twitter executives will be unhappy. Twitter had previously said it faced several risks until the deal with Elon Musk was finalized, such as whether advertisers would continue to spend on Twitter and uncertainty related to future plans and strategy.
Twitter shares have plunged 20% to $35.90 in premarket trading. Twitter shares have dropped continuously in last week. Several people on Twitter expect Elon Musk might not buy Twitter and people believe Twitter is not worth $40-$50 per share.
Twitter Is Under Pressure After Acquisition
Elon Musk wants to make Twitter better and solve problems on the platform. However, after the deal, the problems for Twitter increased. On May 2, Twitter’s general manager of consumer product Kayvon Beykpour and general manager of revenue Bruce Falck announced their departure from the company.
The company has also frozen hiring in light of deal.
- Terra Crash Spilled Over Into Other L-1 Blockchains, Here’s How
- SEC Chair Gensler Responds To Terra Crash, More Regulation Due?
- Terra Like A Crypto “Pyramid Scheme,” Says Activist Investor Bill Ackman
- Ethereum Shorts Building Up, ETH Exchange Supply Rises
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Day Death Cross, More Bloodbath Coming?
- Crypto Expert PlanB Reveals New Bitcoin (BTC) Bull Run
- Solana (SOL) NFT Trades Moon Amid Crypto Crash
- LUNA Founder Faces Community Backlash Over LUNA Revival Plan; Here’s Why
- Breaking: Do Kwon Releases Another LUNA Revival Plan
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?