The world’s leading cryptocurrency exchange, Binance, is reportedly under attack. According to a report from Coinness, the Co-founder and CMO of the exchange, Yi He, notified about the attacks in a WeChat group.
On social media, a recent mailer from the exchange sent in Chinese text has had users suspect a phishing attempt. Nevertheless, the customer help desk of the exchange confirmed that,
It’s a satisfaction survey questionnaire for the professional version trading interface.
Apart from that, there has not been any other confirmations or reports of the hacks. However, the report from Coinness also notified that ‘a large scale of lag appears on the contract page.’ With the eastern trading session in full swing at the moment, the west has not heard about the attacks just yet.
We are probing into the issue and are waiting to hear from the exchange on the reports.
The CEO of Binance, Changpeng Zhao, just confirmed the attacks citing that a denial-of-service (DDoS) attack was orchestrated on their Chinese servers. He tweeted,
Earlier today, our Chinese domains experienced targeted DDoS attacks, and users saw some lag and interruption of network access. Based on the attack pattern, it looks like work of our self-perceived competitors. No need to be concerned. Systems are fine. Funds are #SAFU.
Are you experiencing problems with the exchange? Please share reports of any abnormality or loss of funds to us.
- El Salvador: Government faces investigation into Bitcoin Trust’s expenditure
- ECB President asserts “Cryptos are not currencies, full stop.”
- Just-in: PayPal Starts Bitcoin and Other Crypto Trading Services in UK
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Upside Potential Limited But Remains Fundamentally Strong To Hit $50,000
- El Salvador: Enraged Protesters burn down Bitcoin ATM
- Ethereum Token Burn: Is there a Timeline to See its Impact on Price?
- XRP Price Analysis: XRP Consolidates Above $1 For The Longest Time In History, What’s Next?
- ETH Price Analysis: Can Ethereum Regain Supremacy Over Layer 2 Solution?
- Dopamine App Brings Vast Crypto Tracking Under One Roof
- Pooshi Coin is launching today! What you need to know