2021 seems to be the year of crypto companies going public that began with Coinbase announcing its IPO followed by Bakkt, a Bitcoin Futures and Options market that has decided to go public by merging with a SPAC company, and now it seems Winklevoss twins are planning to take their Gemini crypto exchange public as well.s
Bitcoin billionaires Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss said they’re considering taking Gemini Trust Co. public amid the crypto resurgence https://t.co/spoKDqw8pu
— Bloomberg Crypto (@crypto) January 14, 2021
In a recent interview Cameron Winklevoss, the co-founder and President of the Gemini exchange noted that going public is definitely on their minds and added,
“We are definitely considering it and making sure that we have that option. We are watching the market and we are also having internal discussions on whether it makes sense for us at this point in time. We are certainly open to it.”
The Winklevoss twins who first came into public glare post their lawsuit against Mark Zukerberg, and then for becoming a crypto millionaire post-2017 bull run. The twins invested a significant chunk from their settlement in Bitcoin when it was trading in single digits and also opened their own crypto trading platform Gemini.
Crypto Companies Going Public Will be the Trend in 2021
The ongoing Bitcoin bull run has changed many critiques into long-time admires that include the likes of the world’s largest asset manager Blackrock, JP Morgan, and many others. With surging institutional interest and hopes of positive regulations, it’s knocking at the doors of the stream financial market.
Crypto is already a trillion-dollar market now out of which bitcoin is worth more than $700 billion. As the calls of Bitcoin ETF rises, 2021 could mark the beginning of a new era for crypto. More crypto companies could file for their IPO this year quite similar to the 2017 ICO race to make the most of the rising investor interest in crypto companies.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS