Amid the strong broader market recovery today, the world’s second-largest cryptocurrency Ethereum (ETH) is up 10% today. As of press time, Ethereum is trading 9.48% up at $2,373 and a market cap of $277 billion.
The price rally in ETH could be because of multiple factors. Strong rumors that e-commerce giant Amazon might soon integrate Ethereum payments along with Bitcoin by the end of this year. On the other hand, on-chain data shows that the supply held by Ethereum’s top ten non-exchange whale addresses has hit a 5-year high. On-chain data provider Santiment reported:
“Ethereum’s top 10 non-exchange whales are adding on to their holdings, as their 21.3M $ETH held this week established a new 5-year high. Meanwhile, top 10 exchange whales recently hit a low of 4.66M $ETH, the lowest since ETH’s 2015 inauguration”.
In another milestone, the total number of validator nodes on the Ethereum 2.0 blockchain has crossed 200,000. At the same time, a large number of Ether (ETH) are staked with deposit contracts on Ethereum 2.0. The pledged deposits in these contracts have crossed 6.4 million ETH with a total pledged value of $13.5 billion.
The number of Ethereum 2.0 validator nodes has exceeded 200,000, and the pledge deposit has reached 6,405,691 ETH. pic.twitter.com/pVMzCPSkKy
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) July 26, 2021
Ethereum Exchange Supply Declining
While the ETH price has been trading under pressure for the most part of the last month, the supply at the exchange has also been on a constant decline. All exchanges are having a negative net position for Ethereum and the exchange outflows have shot up significantly. The net ETH outflows at the exchanges have reached the levels of September 2020.
ETH on exchanges took a real plunge last month. pic.twitter.com/RazSjJufHK
— Lex Moskovski (@mskvsk) July 25, 2021
If we look at Ethereum (ETH) price on the weekly chart, it has gained 23.46% in the last seven days. Besides, today’s price surge has been backed with a strong surge in the ETH trading volumes. If the ETH price manages to move past its 50-day moving average (DMA) of $2450, it will setting up itself for an upward journey.
- ETH Whales Add Polygon (MATIC) Amid Prices Surge Of 60% In Last 7 Days
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%