A recent report from fintech firm Finder showed that world no.2 cryptocurrency Ethereum (ETH) may be poised to outperform its larger peer Bitcoin (BTC) in 2022.
The reports comes with BTC trading in a tight price range for a bulk of the year. The token’s muted performance has also seen several traders turn cold on its prospects, and look to altcoins for better gains.
ETH beats BTC to top experts list
In a report over the price forecasts of Bitcoin, a panel of 35 crypto specialists said that Ethereum (ETH) will top 2022 by a big margin. The members have ranked ETH over BTC and Solana in the list of top-performing coins of 2022. ETH has already beat BTC by surging over 19% in the last 60 days.
87% of the experts have chosen ETH among their top 5 tokens. While 71% went for Bitcoin and 55% added Solana. Avalanche and Terra were posited by 31% and 30% of the experts, respectively.
The upcoming Ethereum update has already positioned the ETH token to skyrocket this year. Meanwhile, Avalanche and Terra have also made it to the top 5 tokens.
Specialists polled by Finder are feeling a bit more bearish about the short-term Bitcoin price gains. In January, they expected the BTC to grow up to $76,360 by the end of 2022. But their latest report sees BTC around the $65,000 price level by the end of this year.
Talking about the Bitcoin price forecast for 2025, the panelist’s views are kind of despairing. The expectations seem to be decreasing since the last 4 reports. BTC is forecasted to reach $179,000 by 2025 which is a decrease of over 7% compared to the January forecast ($192,000).
Where will BTC head in 2030?
However, the panel looks more confident and bullish over Bitcoin’s long term price perspective. It is anticipated that the BTC price can reach up to the $420,000 price level by the end of 2030. Earlier, the January report suggested that the price can go around $406,000.
According to the report, the majority of the panelist are suggesting people to go for Bitcoin. 67% of the members voted to buy the Bitcoin. On the other hand, 24% of the voters said that its time to Hodl Bitcoin. BTC is trading at an average price of $42,320, at the press time. The token is marginally up by 1% in the past 24 hours. It is surely a good time to invest in BTC and to buy the dip.
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Terra Crash Spilled Over Into Other L-1 Blockchains, Here’s How
- SEC Chair Gensler Responds To Terra Crash, More Regulation Due?
- Terra Like A Crypto “Pyramid Scheme,” Says Activist Investor Bill Ackman
- Ethereum Shorts Building Up, ETH Exchange Supply Rises
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Day Death Cross, More Bloodbath Coming?
- Crypto Expert PlanB Reveals New Bitcoin (BTC) Bull Run
- Solana (SOL) NFT Trades Moon Amid Crypto Crash
- LUNA Founder Faces Community Backlash Over LUNA Revival Plan; Here’s Why
- Breaking: Do Kwon Releases Another LUNA Revival Plan
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?