In a massive 30% gain today, Dogecoin (DOGE) has surged all the way past $0.50 to become the fourth-largest cryptocurrency by market cap. At press time, DOGE is trading at a price of $0.53 with a market cap of $69.3 billion. Well, Dogecoin has also flipped some of the big tech giants like Twitter on its massive rally this year.
As this happens, cryptocurrency exchanges rush to list the very popular meme cryptocurrency. A day after eToro announced support for DOGE, crypto exchange Gemini has now rushed to add support for the Shiba-Imu-based digital currency. Gemini said that it will facilitate trading and custody support for DOGE.
“Trading will first open on our API/FIX and Active Trader™ applications for USD. Then it will open on our mobile and web applications on a rolling basis for USD, GBP, EUR, CAD, AUD, HKD and SGD pairs,” noted the exchange.
Calling it “people’s money”, Gemini co-founder Tyler Winklevoss made the official announcement a few minutes back.
— Tyler Winklevoss (@tyler) May 4, 2021
Dogecoin – Giving Control of Money Back to People
Going all praises for Dogecoin, the exchange notes that the cryptocurrency is “organic, irreverent, and fun”. In the press release, Gemini notes that Dogecoin continues the Bitcoin tradition of giving the control of money back to the people. It further adds:
“Yes, it’s a meme coin, but all money is a meme. And all money is both an idea and a matter of faith or belief in it. Over the multi-milennia history of money, the majority of money (be it shells, beads, precious metals, etc.) has been what we the people say it is and believe it is”.
Gemini also refers to Dogecoin as the “perfect vehicle” to carry forward the core and fundamental truth about money. It also adds that Dogecoins reflect the true history and nature of money. Well, its a big decision from Gemini at this stage! Dogecoin has turned out to be the people’s choice and promoted by several popular personalities and billionaires like Elon Musk in the past.
During this crypto market rally, Dogecoin (DOGE) has truly emerged as an indomitable force.
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?