Gucci, the popular Florence based Italian brand is making its way into the cryptocurrency industry. As VougeBusiness noted in a recent post, Gucci will be accepting cryptocurrency as a medium of payment in the United States.
Gucci serves the needs of its crypto-audiences
With the rapid adoption of cryptocurrency all over the globe, it is expected that Gucci, the luxury high-end brand which is currently valued at over $15 billion, will see a handful of crypto-based customers. Noting that it is “tapping into the crypto crowd,” Gucci is set to serve its consumers who use cryptocurrencies, in some of its U.S. based stores, by the end of May.
VogueBusiness breakdowns the payment process that customers should expect, saying “
“In-store crypto payments will be made with a link sent via email to the customer; the link contains a QR code that allows them to execute the payment from their crypto wallet.”
The big city of New York, particularly Wooster Street, will be home to one of the crypto-focused Gucci stores. Others includes the Miami Design District, Rodeo Drive in Los Angeles, shops situated in Crystals, in Las Vegas, as well as Phipps Plaza in Atlanta.
Customers will have the option to make use of a wide variety of cryptocurrencies, as over 10 cryptocurrencies will be accepted by Gucci.
Asides from the leading cryptocurrency Bitcoin, altcoins such as Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash and Wrapped Bitcoin will be accepted at the shops. Five other stablecoins also make up the list. The popular memecoins Dogecoin and Shiba Inu were also not left out.
In a recent statement, Gucci’s CEO Marco Bizzarri, noted the company’s interest in adopting cryptocurrencies.
He’s quoted saying: “Gucci is always looking to embrace new technologies when they can provide an enhanced experience for our customers, now that we are able to integrate cryptocurrencies within our payment system, it is a natural evolution for those customers who would like to have this option available to them.”
Gucci expands into the NFT industry
Like many other brands, Gucci is also taking up space in the NFT marketplace. The billion-dollar industry recently saw Gucci launch NFT projects.
The SuperGucci and Gucci Grail NFT projects. Owners of the product will have exclusive access to unreleased Gucci collections before the rest of the public gets access to it.
- Why Billionaire Ray Dalio Is Still Betting Big On Bitcoin (BTC)?
- CZ Fuels Rumors Of Binance’s Trading Service Launch In Dubai
- Just-In: European Central Bank Says Crypto Unsuitable As Store Of Value
- Shiba Inu The Most-Held Token By ETH Whales, Is Metaverse Hype Back?
- South Korean Terra Holders Skyrocketed After Its Crash, Here’s Why
- Verse Metaverse – LA Villa Hand Over On May 30
- Bitcoin (BTC) Faces A Crash To 2020 Lows, Here’s Why
- On-Chain Data: Bitcoin (BTC) Always Pegs Higher Trust Over Ether (ETH) in Bear Market
- Is Terra’s Singapore Office A “Paper Company?”
- Bitcoin (BTC) Options Market Hints Major Downside Risks Over Next 3-6 Months
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?