The exclusive update on the arrest of Xiao Yi, the former party member and vice chairman of the Jiangxi Provincial Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, took a completely different angle with raging speculations about the senior official allegedly being one of the core reasons for the ban on crypto mining by the Chinese central government. An investigation by the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection and the State Supervision Commission, together with the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, revealed the “serious violations of discipline and law” by Xiao Yi, which included illicit encouragement and enabling of crypto mining businesses in the nation.
According to a recent tweet by Chinese Journalist, Colin Wu, Xiao Yi was arrested for abusing his power to introduce and support enterprises to engage in virtual currency mining activities that did not meet the requirements of national industrial policies. However, the most shocking aspect was revealed with industry speculations highlighting the dispute between the company he supported and the genesis mining dispute, which in turn triggered the beginning of the crypto mining ban in China.
An official announcement. There is a view in the industry that the dispute between the company he supports and genesismining is one of the reasons that led to the ban on mining by the Chinese central government. https://t.co/e9O6bpR2rc
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) November 13, 2021
Chinese government’s Crypto Mining Crackdown
Amid the Cryptocurrency Ban in China, the authoritarian government has targeted crypto mining businesses since the beginning of the crypto crackdown. In the month of October, the Central Bank of China issued the updated set of crypto ban guidelines, that deemed all crypto-related transactions illegal, further ordering authorities to actively shut down small and medium mining operations, centered in homes and rural provinces.
From adding crypto mining to the “Negative List” of industries and tracking of IP addresses to filter out illicit crypto mining activities in the country, to shutting down unregistered mining farms along with coercing registered giants to step down and comply with the authorities, the Chinese Government has laid out a tightly knit web to clamp down and eventually vanish crypto mining from the nation. Last month, the world’s largest Bitcoin mining pool, Ant Pool gave in to the regulatory crackdown and announced blocking IP access in mainland China, which came in effect from 15th October.
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?