Terra’s LUNA supply increased massively on South Korean exchanges on Friday after several global exchanges decided to delist the token.
LUNA held on South Korea’s top crypto exchanges Upbit, Bithumb, Coinone, and Korbit have blown past 4 billion.
Users Shift LUNA to South Korean Exchanges Amid Crackdown
More than 2 billion LUNA tokens were transferred to South Korean exchanges after Binance decided to delist the coin due to high volatility. According to South Korea’s local news Money Today, the number of LUNA on the Upbit exchange now stands at nearly 1.5 billion. Meanwhile, the other three exchanges Bithumb, Coinone, and Korbit holds nearly 2.5 billion LUNA tokens.
An official from the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) said:
“The current Luna-Tera incident is about checking the status of measures taken by the exchange to prevent further damage to investors. It is a situation in which we cannot directly intervene or take action.”
As the price of LUNA continues to drop, South Korean users accumulate the DeFi token. Terra and Luna Foundation Guard have been working to increase the LUNA supply to prevent the crash of UST stablecoin. The world’s largest crypto exchange Binance continues crackdown against LUNA and UST as it delists trading pairs and liquidity pools.
Meanwhile, other exchanges including OKX also delisted LUNA and UST trading pairs. The OKX exchange has announced to terminate UST trading market today.
According to Terra Analytics, the circulating supply change of LUNA has reached 6.5 million, while the total supply excluding community spend is 6.8 trillion on May 13. Moreover, the total staked amount in LUNA is 633 million.
Upbit Plans to Delist LUNA/BTC Trading Pair
The crypto exchange has just now announced ending support of LUNA trading. Despite allowing users to add LUNA to its exchange for trading in LUNA/BTC pair, the exchange has announced to terminate transaction support on May 20. However, withdrawals of LUNA are supported for 30 days from the date of the end of the transaction support.
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- SWIFT Plans To Interlink All CBDCs, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Ripple (XRP) Throws In $100 Million To Cut Down Carbon Emission
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000