The peer-to-peer non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace, OpenSea has skyrocketed in just a month, from 90.5 percent ETH transfers in June to 96.3 percent in July. The company has seen an exceptional market share value of over 90 percent, placing it at the top of the NFT marketplace. Chinese journalist, Colin Wu reported the hike in stats on Twitter today.
OpenSea has now become the main base for NFT transactions, with a market share of more than 90%. For example, just look at the indicator "percentage of monthly ETH transfers", OpenSea in June was 90.5%, and in July it was as high as 96.3%. pic.twitter.com/x32RqBXFxe
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) August 3, 2021
NFT popularity has gained mass attraction in the past few months, seeing a sudden rise in sales volume during the second half of the year. The first half of 2021 saw $2.5 billion in NFT sales, as compared to minimal sales of $13.7 million during the first half of 2020. OpenSea, being one of the biggest and most diverse NFT marketspaces has also witnessed a hike in sales, including nearly $150 million in NFT sales during June.
Tokenizing Traditional Spheres
From traditional auction houses and multi-million-dollar art galleries; to the commercial arena and sports, everyone has begun NFT offerings. Auction house Sotheby, known for its traditional approach, recently called on to its native customers during the “Natively Digital: A Curated NFT Sale” auction run. After its first NFT auction, including the sale of NFT by digital artist Pak, for $16.8 million, along with the image of a single-pixel that sold for $1.36 million; Sotheby is now reaching out to more traditional buyers to invest in NFTs.
The Hermitage – one of the largest museums in the world also tokenized its preserved pieces. Its limited series NFT collection includes profound artworks such as Madonna Litta (Leonardo da Vinci), Judith (Giorgione), Lilac Bush (Vincent van Gogh), Composition VI (Wassily Kandinsky), Corner of the Garden at Montgeron (Claude Monet).
“New technologies, in particular blockchain, have opened a new chapter in the development of the art market, led by the ownership and the guarantee of this ownership…This is an important stage in the development of the relationship between person and money, person and thing.”, – said the General Director of the Hermitage Mikhail Borisovich Piotrovsky.
Many thought the buzz around the NFT market would die down after the first half of the year, however, the craze has reignited as more investors find the NFT market lucrative.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?