The ICON coin Project started with a vision has always been to become essentially a currency of real world like fiats which is to allow people to use ICX to pay for products and services directly to establishments that partner with the ICON Network. And it looks it’s very much on track to meeting its vision with the partnerships it has had in past one month.
ICON Coin – Korea’s Ethereum & blockchain of blockchains
ICON is a coin that is always referred as South Korea’s Ethereum as its vision is wide, both preached Dapps- applications that do not depend on a single computer to operate and had capabilities of offering smart contract platforms.
But if studied well, ICON’s tactful approach is perhaps the more unique- Why let coins fight it out for being Numero Uno when everyone can work together, with each coin supporting a different purpose. This is what differentiates ICON coin as it conducts inter-blockchain transactions, while still letting each blockchain maintain its own consensus and independence. This ecosystem is made possible through the ICON Republic, the lobby in which all individual blockchain communities will gather.
With this wider vision ICON coin seems to have a very optimistic future ahead of them- only if it picks up right partners who can integrate with or at least understand its vision.
ICON’s partners of choice
Moving ahead on this vision on April 30, nearly three months after launching it MainNet and one month from diverging from ERC20 contracts, ICON launched ICONex the official wallet service of ICON where one could keep not only ICX but also other various cryptocurrencies. Since then the company has been on a spree of partnerships some to develop new Dapps on its blockchain, some to support coins and tokens and some to develop sub blockchains which may connect to ICON’s.
Following are the list of partnership that the company has got into past one month each of them uniquely placed to take ICON to next level of growth.
- On May 8 ICON announced a strategic partnership with Japan’s first crypto fund, B Cryptos where both together will co-host hackathons, demo days, and conferences, as well as operate incubation programs to support blockchain projects.
I just published “ICON partners with Japan’s first Crypto Fund ‘B Cryptos’” https://t.co/t8kBdkkfDl
— ICON (@helloiconworld) May 8, 2018
- On May 14 ICON entered into Joint Venture with Line, social network to form Unichain- to build LINE’s blockchain network and Dapps on the ICON blockchain protocol. Line currently has 200 million users, and with Unichain, will be on ICON’s protocol.
I just published “Joint Venture between ICON and LINE: ‘Unchain’” https://t.co/3xpHhuWl38
— ICON (@helloiconworld) May 15, 2018
- On May 30- ICON partnered with TRIVE, a venture capital firm in Singapore to educate, equip and empower the regional startup and blockchain community.
I just published “ICON partners with TRIVE” https://t.co/SEmeYPcYMv
— ICON (@helloiconworld) May 30, 2018
- On June 8 – Deloitte and ICON officially signed an agreement with an intent to empowering and developing blockchain projects.
I just published “ICON-Deloitte MOU” https://t.co/JAAeZDp3JS
— ICON (@helloiconworld) June 8, 2018
- On June 9 – ICON and a small coin Carboneum got into partnership allowing Carboneum to use ICON blockchain to build its protocol and DApps on their blockchain and become part of ICON ecosystem.
— carboneum (@carboneum_io) June 9, 2018
At this pace ICON is moving swiftly to make its vision a reality and each partnership is just providing strength to its legs. Also, the interchain capability makes ICON a blockchain agnostic platform. It stands to be an advantage regardless of which blockchain becomes the dominant platform in the future.
These points defiantly work in favor of ICON coin to beat the rest and survive strongest in years to come. Is ICON’s goal really achievable? Is partnership the way ahead for growth in the crypto industry as well? Do let us know your views on the same