Wallstreetbets, the infamous Reddit group is now calling for Short Squeezing the silver Bullion market, what many consider to be the most shorted asset in the trading market. The group moderators have now changed their access to private mode.
Silver is currently heavily shorted and a majority of those short positions are bought by JP Morgan.
The r/wsb gang might well be onto something with silver… nice wedge. pic.twitter.com/QivqNeWFMA
— Raoul Pal (@RaoulGMI) January 28, 2021
Just like Melvin Group, JP Morgan could be at the receiving end of “short the Wall Street” sentiment.
Another Twitter user explained that for every $1 rise in Silver price, Wall Street will lose nearly $2 million to explain how heavily the Silver market is shorted.
It all started with GameStop when a Reddit user found that Melvin Group, a wall Street Hedge Fund worth $13 billion has bought a significant short position against GameStop, and went on to create a group asking everyone to buy the shorted stocks as much as possible leading to dramatic and never seen before turn of events, where the GME stocks rose above $300 making the dying video game chain a Fortune 500 company.
Melvin Group had to finally close their short position as their losses mounted more than their valuation. While GameStop stock reached another high today breaching the $420 mark for the Options contract.
Is JP Morgan the Next Melvin Group?
JP Morgan, one of the top banking giants in the US who have moved past their fair share of debacles including money laundering charges and fake gold scam, might not have thought that the biggest financial scare would come from a Reddit group.
Max Keiser, the popular podcaster cum full-time bitcoin proponent has called for shorting the silver market and reminded about a similar campaign back in 2010 which led to Silver price climb from $15 to $50. He also reminded me that a potential Silver short squeeze could mean doom for wall street.
Unlike the $GME short-squeeze, where the company can issue new stock so hedge funds can cover, a Silver short-squeeze could continue indefinitely because you can’t print Silver.
Ultimately all capital looking to defund Wall St, Central Banks, and fiat money will end up in #BTC
— Max Keiser (@maxkeiser) January 28, 2021
Melvin Group has paid the price for biting more than what they could chew, a term often used by bankers for retailers similarly losing heavy money, but as the tables have turned, Wall Street is trying to change the rules.
I know this GameStop stuff is funny, but you have to remember this is hurting real people who own multiple boats
— Kevin Farzad (@KevinFarzad) January 27, 2021
NASDAQ yesterday announced that they would halt any stock trade with high volatile market movement created due to social media frenzy and went on to halt GME stocks trading. The world seems to be divided on what happened yesterday where one side believes it’s a revolution of a kind where retail is showing its power to the institutions and hedge funds while Wall Street calls it a fall play.
The Reddit group has already been turned to private in the wake of GameStop development while Discord banned the group altogether. It seems Wall Street has started the crackdown to stop the retailers to beat them in their own game.
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?