Chairman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Gary Gensler has now added a new member to his executive staff. The new addition who is identified as Corey Frayer is appointed as an adviser on crypto-related matters, and policy making.
SEC Appoints Corey Frayer And Some Others
Corey Frayer’s appointment was announced by the SEC on Thursday with claims he’ll be assuming the position of a senior adviser on the agency’s crypto oversight. But Frayer is not exactly new to that kind of appointment. Having worked as a senior policy adviser alongside Reps Maxine Waters and Brad Miller for the House Financial Services Committee, he also served as a member of the Senate Banking Committee.
Meanwhile, Frayer was not the only new addition to Gensler’s executive staff. Jennifer Songer, Jorge Tenreiro, Philipp Havenstein all came alongside and will be working as investment management counsel, enforcement counsel, and operations counsel respectively.
And Gensler himself has since revealed his pleasure with the new appointees, saying that their addition will bring to the team;
“valuable counsel on policy, enforcement and agency operations”.
How The Appointment Could Change Gensler’s Stance On Crypto Policies
By appointing Frayer, Gensler’s longstanding public position on crypto policy could potentially change. Recall that the SEC chair has always expressed concerns about exchange-traded funds ETFs with exposure to cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC).
Since his April confirmation by the U.S. Senate, Gensler has been urging all crypto projects to register with the SEC. And while there have been concerns raised about regulations having no clarity, Gensler will likely continue to serve as chair of the SEC until 2026.
But with Frayer’s appointment, there may finally be some hope particularly regarding Bitcoin-traded ETFs that seems to have hit a wall for a long time now.
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?