Shiba Inu (SHIB), the 12th largest cryptocurrency by market cap and a true Dogecoin (DOGE) successor is looking to build its Metaverse. Shiba Inu team announced they have onboarded William David Volk, former Vice President of Tech at Activision, one of the largest game developers in the US. Volk brings 36-year long experience in the gaming industry to the SHIB community.
Volk would be key to Shiba Inu’s development of Play-to-Earn (P2E) NFT games that would help the altcoin consequently transition into its Metaverse. The development of the Metaverse will begin in 2022 and will be built in-house by the SHIB team. Shytoshi Kusama, the project lead at Shiba Inu games revealed their Metavese approach would be quite different from Facebook.
ITS TIME #SHIBARMY Meet Shiba Inu Games' consultant William Volk (FORMER VP OF TECH AT ACTIVISION), (.@william_volk )🤯, .@Newegg #CyberMonday🤑, my take on the FBI "Metaverse" (FaceBook Inc) 😮💨, & the future of gaming in THIS medium! LFGGGGGGG! https://t.co/F0t5x5PhQ2
— Shytoshi Kusama™ (@ShytoshiKusama) November 26, 2021
Shiba Inu’s team seems to be eager to shed the “joke currency” tag and become one of the early movers in the Metaverse. The community-driven cryptocurrency is planning to incorporate the best of all current trends, be it P2E NFT gaming or Metaverse.
Can Shiba Inu Games Announcement Bring Back the Bulls?
Shiba Inu team continues to make great headway in terms of new functionalities and services, however, November has proven to be bearish for the SHIB price. The altcoin has lost more than 55% of its valuation from its all-time high of $0.0000885 in October.
The altcoin has seen constant bleeding throughout November as evident from the one-day chart. SHIB price is currently moving in a descending channel on the 1-day price chart, and the recent Metaverse announcement could help Shiba Inu make a bullish breakout after nearly four weeks of bearish momentum.
Metaverse tokens have been the talk of the crypto town recently with two major projects The Sandbox (SAND) and Decentraland (MANA) hogging all the limelight with their mammoth price surge. SAND price surged over 10X in November while MANA recorded a 7X surge. Apart from the price surge, some of the virtual properties in these metaverses have already fetched millions of dollars in the bid, making them costlier than some of the posh New York real estate.
Shiba Inu is banking its hope on the current Metaverse trend which could eventually bring back the bulls.
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?