Metaverse has overtaken the NFT hype this bull season as more mainstream projects aims to enter the virtual reality world in near future. A Grayscale research report has estimated that the number of Metaverse users have risen by 10X in one and a half year.
The report also predicted that if the Metaverse universe continues to flourish at the current rate, it could very well become a trillion-dollar industry by next year. The following chart shows the growing number of Metaverse wallets that has peaked to new highs in the last quarter of 2021.
The report takes note of how Metaverse has already become a hit in the entertainment and real estate industry despite it being in the early stage. Metaverse would be the key to Web 3.0 quite similar to what Facebook did for Web 2.0. The report read,
The Web 2.0 mobile internet changed how, where, when, and why we used the internet. In turn, this changed the products, services, and companies we used, which changed our business models, culture, and politics – the Web 3.0 Metaverse has the potential to do the same.
The Web 3.0 based economy is already a trillion-dollar industry in making, which is certainly one of the key reasons for organizations like Facebook to do a complete branding overhaul.
The following graph shows the difference between today’s online games and what metaverse with an open world system could bring to the table.
Metaverse Tokens on The Rise
At a time when most of the crypto market is experiencing a bearish trap right after a mammoth October, Several Metaverse tokens have surged to new all-time highs and look immune to the ongoing bearish trends. Decentraland (MANA) is one of the most popular metaverse tokens which have got attraction from many celebrities and also saw the recent sale of a virtual property worth $2.45 million which is higher than some of the luxury apartments in New York.
The native token MANA has surged nearly 9X over the past month even when most of the other crypto tokens are down by 20%.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3