Metaverse has overtaken the NFT hype this bull season as more mainstream projects aims to enter the virtual reality world in near future. A Grayscale research report has estimated that the number of Metaverse users have risen by 10X in one and a half year.
The report also predicted that if the Metaverse universe continues to flourish at the current rate, it could very well become a trillion-dollar industry by next year. The following chart shows the growing number of Metaverse wallets that has peaked to new highs in the last quarter of 2021.
The report takes note of how Metaverse has already become a hit in the entertainment and real estate industry despite it being in the early stage. Metaverse would be the key to Web 3.0 quite similar to what Facebook did for Web 2.0. The report read,
The Web 2.0 mobile internet changed how, where, when, and why we used the internet. In turn, this changed the products, services, and companies we used, which changed our business models, culture, and politics – the Web 3.0 Metaverse has the potential to do the same.
The Web 3.0 based economy is already a trillion-dollar industry in making, which is certainly one of the key reasons for organizations like Facebook to do a complete branding overhaul.
The following graph shows the difference between today’s online games and what metaverse with an open world system could bring to the table.
Metaverse Tokens on The Rise
At a time when most of the crypto market is experiencing a bearish trap right after a mammoth October, Several Metaverse tokens have surged to new all-time highs and look immune to the ongoing bearish trends. Decentraland (MANA) is one of the most popular metaverse tokens which have got attraction from many celebrities and also saw the recent sale of a virtual property worth $2.45 million which is higher than some of the luxury apartments in New York.
The native token MANA has surged nearly 9X over the past month even when most of the other crypto tokens are down by 20%.
- Bitcoin Cash Sinks 7% As Its Biggest Advocate Is Accused Of Default
- Here’s Why Ethereum (ETH) Price Can Plunge More Ahead
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000