Jack Dorsey, CEO of Square Inc. tweeted that the company has received “BitLicense” for the New York State much to the joy of its shareholder as they saw the shares rally on NYSE early in trade. The Cash app of the company will now allow peer to peer bitcoin transactions in the New York State.
Buy and sell bitcoin right in Cash App…now in New York! https://t.co/sIvlVoSXun
— jack (@jack) June 18, 2018
New York state DFS support to cryptocurrency commendable
As the government and SEC in the United State struggle to provide clear guidelines on cryptocurrencies, New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS) has been on spree in providing virtual currency charters or licenses to companies. Till date, it has provided nine licenses to companies whose application met DFS standards. DFS has also granted licenses to Xapo, Inc., Genesis Global Trading Inc., bitFlyer USA, Coinbase Inc., XRP II and Circle Internet Financial, and charters to Winklevoss twins’ Gemini Trust Company and Paxos (formerly itBit Trust Company).
Financial Services Superintendent Maria T. Vullo was quoted saying while approving Square’s application that “DFS is pleased to approve Square’s application and welcomes them to New York’s expanding and well-regulated virtual currency market,” said Superintendent Vullo.
“DFS continues to work in support of a vibrant and competitive virtual currency market that connects and empowers New Yorkers in a global marketplace while ensuring strong state-regulatory oversight is in place.”
Also, read: Etoro Targets Institutions with an OTC Crypto Trading Desk
Jack Dorsey’s love for cryptocurrencies
Brian Grassadonia, Head of Cash App, shared his excitement with regards to the license. His statement was in line to Jac Dorsey’s bullish sentiment on Cryptocurrencies. He said
“We are thrilled to now provide New Yorkers with Cash App’s quick and simple way to buy and sell bitcoin,” “Square and the New York State DFS share a vision of empowering people with greater access to the financial system and today’s news is an important step in realizing that goal.”
Jack Dorsey has always been in support of cryptocurrencies against all his critics. In January the company had added cryptocurrency operations which help the company net $200,000 from its newly-added bitcoin functionality. Dorsey was also quoted saying in favour of bitcoin and he believed that bitcoin may become the world’s ‘single currency’ and a dominant form of payment in a decade’s time. He also has been reported saying the bitcoin has the potential to replace fiat currencies.
Will Jack Dorsey bullishness for cryptocurrencies bring a paradigm shift for cryptos as he was successful in changing the face of microblogging and social networking? Do let us know your views on the same
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?